Shipping Containers for Storage
Available for Sale
container Box supplies new and second-hand shipping containers in a range of sizes and designs for either hire or sale. There are numerous designs of shipping container, but the majority are what are termed “dry van containers”, these carry general freight. There are other designs such as refrigerated containers for transporting deep-frozen or chilled cargoes, and others which are generally called “special containers” (see below) These tend to be specifically designed for certain cargoes. All shipping containers must conform to international standards such as ISO, UIC, TIR, and CSC. Because containers are mass produced and designed for a harsh marine environment, they lend themselves to a cheap, moveable, and secure storage unit. Mr Box can recommend you the right type of container to meet your needs whether that is for shipping cargo or for storage purposes.
The dry box/shipping container
A shipping container is a container with strength suitable to withstand shipment, storage, and handling. Shipping containers range from large reusable steel boxes used for intermodal shipments to the ubiquitous corrugated boxes. In the context of international shipping trade, “container” dry, box or “shipping container” is virtually synonymous with “(standard) intermodal freight container” (a container designed to be moved from one mode of transport to another without unloading and reloading).
Dimensions 40FT Dry Container standard
|Max. payload:||26.775 KG|
|Max. gross weight:||30.480 KG|
Used Shipping Containers
The second-hand containers we supply are guaranteed to be structurally sound, water tight and suitable for use as secure storage containers. They can also be certified as suitable for shipping. All our used containers are inspected by our own depots prior to dispatch. We guarantee the condition of our equipment and if you are dissatisfied in any way we will either refund your money, or pay for any repairs. Using containers is also an environmentally friendly solution in that they have fulfilled their primary role of carrying cargo, and can then be used again. Cost effective recycling!
How big is a Shipping Container?
- Standard ISO shipping containers are 8ft (2.43m) wide, 8.5ft (2.59m) high and come in two lengths; 20ft (6.06m) and 40ft (12.2m).
- Extra tall shipping containers called high-cube containers are available at 9.5ft (2.89m) high.
- Smaller 10ft (2.99m) and 8ft (2.43m) containers are also available but cannot be shipped in the same way as 20ft and 40ft containers.
- A standard ISO 20ft shipping container has a capacity of 33.1m3 – enough room for almost 100 household washing machines!
Built to our own unique specification and imported from our factories in the Far East, all our new containers are built to a high quality specification, designed for secure storage:
- Built to a full marine specification – manufactured from corrosion resistant Corten steel.
- Protected with marine grade paint.
- Fitted with additional ventilation – to ensure condensation is not a problem.
- Fitted with waist high locking bars (door handles) – for ease of use.
- A wipe clean 28mm marine ply floor that is specially sealed and certified as being rot and vermin proof.
- Factory fitted lock box (high security lock box) with additional anti-jemmy lugs is fitted to the doors – this shrouds the padlock and protects the container from force entry.
- Available in a range of colours.
- Capable of being stacked.